Pages

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Seriously!? Like a little child?

And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.      --Jesus of Nazareth circa 30AD
"Wait, what? I have to become like a child? But children are needy and selfish. Why do you want me to be like them? Adults are smarter. We know things. We can do things. We're autonomous. Give me a job and I can get it done. You don't have to micromanage me. I know you're busy. Just between us adults, those kids aren't exactly the best at doing a job, you know. There's a lot they miss. It's a big world. You need big people to take care of it."

"Yes, I heard what you said about being like a child but..."

"yes, but..."

"no, I don't really understand it."

"Yes I usually do understand things pretty quickly... "

"What do I think it means?... I don't know. I guess..."

"sorry, you're right, no guessing...um...kids have lots of faith, right? My kids take everything I say at face value. They really don't do subtle. I crack a joke, you know something witty and sarcastic--"

"Yeah, faith. They just sort of trust. It's genuine, too. Adults always hold something back when they trust, but kids will put it all out there."

"What else? Uh, I gue--  I mean, I think kids are preceptive. They see things as they really are, not as they want them to be or as someone else has told them. If what they're told doesn't match with what they see, there will be questions. Lots of questions."

"Thank you."

"What else? Man, I don't know. They love real purely. They tell the truth, they like to cuddle, they still know they need their Daddy most of the time, they..."

"What do you mean you think I'm getting it? What am I getting?"

"You? I need to love you like that? Trust you like that? You want my questions and my childish, not to be deceived faith, huh. But..."

"No but's. Fair enough."

"Well...love me back, please. I need you, too."

No comments:

Post a Comment

What inspires greatness? I don't know, but these blogs inspire me.